Monday, August 4, 2014

I am very excited to announce a new venture for Playtime Posse! This month is the first of my new monthly at the OG Airliner Bar! Located at 2419 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031 in Lincoln Heights, it has been around for quite some time hosting a wide variety of live music nightly! The Airliner is also home to the world famous weekly night Low End Theory that takes place Wednesday nights and has grown so much over the years here.

     I am starting off this series by kickin it old school and hosting another baR. Kelly takeover!
For those of you who haven't already attended a baR. Kelly night, it's an R. Kelly Tribute night that originally took place in Koreatowns one and only bar-arcade, Blipsy Barcade, but could not be continued due to lack of transportation on my part. "baR. Kelly" started out as a joke, that I thought of and could not give up the idea of making it happen. I just kept saying to my friends "I'm gonna start an R. Kelly tribute night and play 90's hip hop and R&B cause its my ish" jokingly of course--but you can only half joke about something for so long until all you're left with is seriousness. With the help of few close friends this night turned out to be a success and something I look forward to making happen whenever I can!  Some of my homegirls who have DJ'd the night, even took the party to claremont and made a name for it there calling it BOOTLEG baR. Kelly! (you go girls!).


     This month's very special baR. Kelly will include some one time-only Ladies of the 90's cover songs by J'Dende of Luna Is Honey ft. Deija Marie; Stacey Baretta of Sons Of The Bitch; Xe Davis of Gun/Her; Andrew Flores of Ssleaze; Britney Houston & The Broads ft. members of The Most Best; and last but not least Kybele.

This months DJ's include DJ MP3--DJ LIS BOMB--DJ SHYBOYANDYC
The Event strictly 21+ (NO ID NO ENTRY) 
 $5 all night (ladies get in free before 10pm)

**For more info and updates on the event RSVP HERE.**
I hope to see you all bumpin and grinding on the dance floor!