Monday, October 26, 2015

Here we are, #Wearethefuture

After a year long hiatus, I am back. Not only to talk about some recent changes in my personal life but to get the ball rolling again by keeping you informed on some cool unique & local music. I no longer work at Lot 1 Cafe, Thank the lord. I finally had it in me to walk away from the ugliness and I am free! So I am on the hunt for a new job, and looking forward to the future. (p.s. if anyone has any questions about my reason for leaving so abruptly, please feel free to reach out and ask as I will not hesitate to share and speak the truth about some very important issues in our community, including labor, artist labor, and true community support.)

MOVING ON...

We're here to talk about the future. Why? because we are the future, we hold the future in our greedy little hands. For years I have been stuck in a world where garage rock was the only type of music. At shows, since Sean Carnage stopped his Monday nights, it was all a bore, and all I wanted to do was dance! Leather Jackets, Trendy hippy wear, Pabst Blue Ribbon, everything that just wasn't me.(Although I salute all you 70's model folk that can pull off affording such outfits and wearing them in 100+ degree weather.) It had been a really long time since I'd seen anything I was truly impressed or inspired by UNTIL THIS...
You've probably seen me talk about it before, if you pay any attention. He's been doing this for quite some time, but you may have missed it, and I don't think he's messing around you guys, maybe it's time to pay him some attention.
I know I'm not whatever popular music blog that is feeding you the same nonsense over and over again, Hell I'm not even a journalist, but I just want to share what I think you might enjoy--whoever you are.
So here I present to you, Boyle Heights based artist NK-RIOT. 
The one man daft punk of our time...Who recently created his own version of a mobile hologram display so that you may watch his new back to the future themed video on it. 
Here's the video: 


but you really need to see his live performance...


 and sometime soon, because the future is now...