Thursday, September 8, 2016

TUBBY BOOTS

I have booked a large number of music shows over the past 10 years here in Los Angeles. So many shows with so many bands and there are way too many to remember. However, there are always those that stand out. Those bands that once you see them at your favorite shitty bar, or smelly place, they're apart of your life forever. If you've known me long enough, you've known that one of my all time favorite bands is  Tubby Boots. They have been a band that has never stopped impressing me even when they weren't actively playing shows in the L.A. area. While I was here in Echo Park drowning in psych rock and crying over a stack of demo CD's that I had gotten from them years ago...they were somewhere busy writing recording and perfecting their very first album "The Emerald Captain". Having just touched their toes in the pool of their own creative potential, they are coming back around and playing shows again. You can catch Tubby Boots (at my next show) Thursday October 6th at The Airliner Bar in Lincoln Heights along with a few other great bands that I can't wait to tell the world about. Almost 10 years in the making, but well worth the wait here is Tubby Boots rebirth... 
(click the link to listen)