Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Playtime Posse L.A. INTRODUCTION.

     INTRO: Been waiting to do this again for a long time because there's so much I want to share. I've been having some struggles adjusting to new music that the masses are into. I want to like it, I really do, but it just isn't happening. So I'm devoting this blog to be my outlet for what I truly enjoy what I think is underrated and what I think should be paid attention to. In all honesty who gives a crap what I think is good, its mostly here for sharing in hopes that if it finds you well, you too can feel inspired. I used to do a paper zine called Lots O' Crap in which I interviewed bands I liked and paired it with a compilation of Local Favorites. I plan to use this as the same thing but an online form only. Later I plan to have more hard copy compilations. Anyway, cutting to the chase now.

2014 is happening. SXSW happened and its done. Coachella has come and thankfully it is over. 
I went to neither, and felt no regrets in even the slightest. However, while still in L.A. comfortably sitting on my couch I searched for new things that maybe I just wasn't understanding. Maybe it was there and I was just missing it. every time I looked I always found myself back at the same place I started, listening to the music that my closest friends make. You guys work so hard to put this stuff out there just for us, and I'm wowed every time. Yet there's no place to really keep up with it that I can easily access. So that's what this is for. for now.


*****
SPEAK
*****


My first shout out is to a friend of mine Anthony a.k.a. Speak.  He has been rapping for as long as I can remember and has been killing it all over the place. His live show is brilliant and his unique beats and energy are what a lot of rappers these days lack. Anyways here's a link to a new track that can be found on his upcoming album. Great video by the way, looking all Jesus like, very fitting. En-JOY!

"This is what happens when you set a wild Mexican loose on the streets of London.Mazda Blue is produced by MMac and can be found on the upcoming SPEAK album 
Gnarly Davidson VS The Marlboro available world wide May 6th."


Follow Speak: